PENROD recommends the following guidelines for storage of hardwood panels and veneers:
- Keep stockroom at constant levels of humidity (40-50%) and temperature (60-85 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Keep all packaged materials away from damp or cold walls and floors where moisture absorption may occur.
- Plastic covers over wood panels and veneer should be removed from shipping crates and material should be allowed to come to moisture equilibrium with room conditions before use.
- For future reference of identifying marks, packages should be kept in original packaging until needed.
- Store material with a minimum of 3 supports to maintain flat panels.
- Wood removed from their original packaging should be covered with waste panels to provide protection from damage.